Wednesday, April 4, 2018

Old Friends Together Again

Last October (October of 2017) my wife and I celebrated our 40th Wedding Anniversary. Every five years we do something special for our anniversary which usually involves travel. We discussed many different ideas, from Alaskan cruises, to London, and many parts in-between. After much discussion we settled on Vermont. Why Vermont? Well that is where our good friend John and his lovely wife Kim live.

So, you might be wondering what the big deal is. Well, John was my best friend 40 years ago, and is still a very good friend even though we have only seen each other a couple of times in the last 40 years. John was also my Best Man at our wedding. Here is a photo of the four of us together. As you can see, none of us have changed a bit in the last 40 years. The grey hair and any appearance of weight gain, I photo shopped in.


John and Kim made excellent tour guides while we were in Vermont. In fact, I would say they went far beyond what Jean and I expected. Were it not for their being so familiar with the area, I know we would have spent much of our time there, hopelessly lost. Instead, we were treated to a tour of the natural beauty Vermont has to offer along with the side benefit of being introduced to some excellent craft breweries, restaurants and what is famously known there as a maple creamy.

I guess I should add for those who don't know. Jean and I are on the left. John and Kim are on the right. 

No comments:

Post a Comment