Tuesday, April 10, 2018

Meet Kia


Meet Kia. Kia is one of our two cats. Kia and her sister Karma became part of our family when our daughter finally became convinced that someone with severe pet allergies shouldn't have cats. Now, I must admit, the last thing my wife and I wanted were a couple of cats. Our daughter was having a problem finding a home for them, so dad, being a pushover when it comes to his kids, agreed to take them.

This photo represents the first time I experimented with adding color to a black and white print. Just the addition of the color in the eyes, for me, really makes this photo stand out. It has also been appreciated on Viewbug. Viewbug is an online community of photographers. A place you can post your photos, join challenges, and enter contests. I really enjoy looking at others work and when I see a photo that really stands out, it causes me to start thinking of the mechanics behind the photo. If you would like to join in, you can check it out here.

https://www.viewbug.com/user/ready?ref=larryjelken

Don't think you need expensive camera equipment to become part of a group like this. I have seen some amazing photos taken with cell phones. In fact, one of the photos on my page  was taken with a cell phone, and it is one of the most appreciated photos I have posted so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment